Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting website visibility and ranking in search results (e.g. Google).
These search results are often referred to as organic results.
In general, the higher and more often a site appears in search results, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users.
Once a visitor arrives at your site, converting them into customers is dependant on website design, content and navigation.
Here are some SEO tips to apply to your site:
- Create keywords relating to your site, using actual terms or keywords that consumers will use.
- Add relevant internal links within your site, and external links from other websites to your site (e.g. ATDW listings).
- Ensure your site is optimised for mobile devices.
- Register your business on Google Maps.
- Use Google Adwords allows you to target specific markets and have your site listed in Google where your organic ranking may not appear.
For more detailed information on SEO visit moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo