JOIN THE CYCLE FRIENDLY BUSINESS REVOLUTION
Did you know nearly 4 million Australians ride a bicycle each week and there are currently over 100,000 annual tourism visitors to North East Victoria who cycle? It is no surprise that cycling visitation contributes approximately $49.9 million in direct expenditure to North East Victoria and this number is predicted to grow!
You can benefit from this growth through the Cycle Friendly Business program and the new Ride High Country Preferred Business program. These programs will help your business become more appealing to our two wheeled visitors and help promote you in this growing market sector. It will also provide an opportunity for your business to be recognised through our marketing channels and cycle related media.
It will help cyclists visiting the region have a truly memorable stay which in turn will encourage them to re-visit and tell their cycling friends to book a trip.
To become part of the Cycle Friendly Business program, you must:
• Be listed with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)
• Provide complimentary water – cyclists must be able to refill their water bottles free of charge
• Display local cycle information – maps, guides, brochures
• Have staff who are knowledgeable regarding the local cycle offering – where to ride, location of bike stores
• Display a cycle friendly business sticker on shop front (provided by TNE)
If you would like to be listed on ridehighcountry.com.au then you will want to be part of our new Ride High Country (RHC) Preferred program. This is specifically for those businesses providing exceptional service to cycle visitors.
Ride High Country inspires riders to travel to the High Country by providing detailed information for seamless trip planning. This includes suggested cycling routes, comprehensive trail mapping, cycle friendly accommodation options, transport providers, bike hire and cycle touring companies. This will ensure that cycle trip planning is catered for by one easy to use portal. RHC Preferred businesses will embrace the partnership by displaying a RHC image tile on their website, share #ridehighcountry on social media and work with TNE on media activities when required.
To become a RHC Preferred Business you will be required to provide three services from this approved list in addition to the Cycle Friendly Business criteria.
• Bicycle Repair/Cleaning Station
• Bicycle Floor Pump
• Bicycle Mechanic
• Bicycle Parking (Accommodation providers must allow visitors to bring bikes into rooms and/or provide an enclosed, weather proof and locked area).
• Bicycle Rentals
• Bicycle Shuttle Service
• Bicycle Tours or Product
• Bicycle Merchandise for sale
• Complimentary Bicycle Locks
• Complimentary Bicycle Rentals
• Complimentary Bicycle Tools
• Personal Lockers – storage for personal items while riding
If you are interested in either program or would like assistance in making your business cycle friendly please contact:
Eddie Wilson, Industry and Product Development Manager
[email protected] to discuss.