Positioning Victoria’s High Country as the State’s premier food and wine destination is a key objective of TNE, and High Country Harvest is central to these efforts.
High Country Harvest is a 10-day event program that showcases the very best food, wine and craft beer offering that this region is so renowned for. The 2016 program featured 41 bespoke events that celebrated collaboration and innovation, offering visitors to the region the opportunity to sample local produce, and get to know the local personalities behind these products.
Post-event analysis shows that the High Country Harvest has again delivered incredibly strong tourism results for the region:
- It generated $2.1 million in economic contribution.
- Attracted 5,804 visitors – 5% visitation growth compared to the previous year.
- Generated 6,991 bed nights, which was a 17.5% growth from 2015. The greatest growth occurred in the 3 and 3+ night stay visitors.
- 35% increase in High Country Harvest website event listing views.
- 16% increase in High Country Harvest Facebook page likes.
- ROI $32 per $1 invested in the event.
Of all of the events included in the High Country Harvest program, 37% were collaborative in nature (involving two or more businesses) and 24 of them were brand new. Furthermore, 40% of the program’s events were sell outs – a fantastic and impressive result for the region!
So thank you to all of the businesses who were involved in the 2016 event. TNE appreciates your ongoing support and commitment to delivering high-calibre, engaging and innovative food, wine and craft beer experiences to the region’s visitors.