Ride High Country Preferred Program
Ride High Country Preferred (RHCP) is a program dedicated for businesses providing exceptional service to cycle visitors.
Did you know nearly 4 million Australians ride a bicycle each week and there are currently over 160,000 annual tourism visitors to North East Victoria who cycle? It is no surprise that cycling visitation contributes approximately $131 million in direct expenditure to North East Victoria and this number is predicted to grow!
The only way to ensure you are featured on the Ride High Country website, the region's primary communications platform for all things cycling, is by being a Ride High Country Preferred (RHCP) business - a program for businesses providing exceptional service to cycle visitors.
Your business can benefit from our extensive campaign across an array of marketing channels including: digital advertising, billboard advertising, video and social media content, stories in leading cycle publications (both print and online), attendance at cycle events and media famil visits to the region by leading cycling journalists.
Ride High Country inspires riders to travel to the High Country by providing detailed information for seamless trip planning. This includes suggested cycling routes, comprehensive trail mapping, cycle-friendly accommodation options, transport providers, bike hire and cycle touring companies. This will ensure that cycle trip planning is catered for by one easy to use portal. RHCP businesses will embrace the partnership by displaying a Ride High Country image tile on their website, share #ridehighcountry on social media and work with TNE on media activities when required.
To become a Ride High Country Preferred Business, you need to:
- Be listed with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)
- Provide complimentary water – cyclists must be able to refill their water bottles free of charge
- Display local cycle information – maps, guides, brochures
- Have staff who are knowledgeable regarding the local cycle offering – where to ride, location of bike stores
You must also provide three services from this approved list:
- Bicycle Parking (accommodation providers must fulfill this criterion by providing a weatherproof, locked area or allow bicycles in the rooms)
- Bicycle Repair/Cleaning Station
- Bicycle Floor Pump
- Bicycle Mechanic
- Bicycle Rentals
- Bicycle Shuttle Service
- Bicycle Tours or Product
- Bicycle Merchandise for sale
- Complimentary Bicycle Locks
- Complimentary Bicycle Rentals
- Complimentary Bicycle Tools
- Personal Lockers – storage for personal items while riding
If you would like assistance in making your business cycle-friendly, please contact:
Eddie Wilson, Industry and Product Development Manager, [email protected]