Regional Development Victoria – Ride High Country Fund Round 2 is Open
$2.5 million in grants for the Regional Development Victoria – Ride High Country Fund is set to help local businesses attract more cyclists to the region, as announced by Minister for Regional Development, Mary-Anne Thomas.
The grants are part of a $12 million, ten-year plan to continue building on the High Country’s strength as Australia’s premier cycling destination.
- Accommodation*: Experiential accommodation, eco-pods, bike hotels, contemporary backpacker accommodation, extensive integrated resort facilities and hotels.
- Bike Hubs and services: Expansion of existing businesses or creating new businesses to enhance the cycle tourism experience and create an active precinct where cyclists gather.
- Food and beverage operators: New or expanded food and beverage offerings that are cyclist-friendly and located at strategic sites to enhance the cycle visitor experience, e.g. along rail trails, at trailheads or bike hubs.
- Tour operators: Bike hire and bike shuttle companies that enhance the cycle visitor experience through improving existing and/or providing new cycling-related services; and tour operators with a focus on increasing interstate and international visitation through partnerships with local businesses.
* Accommodation projects that add increased bed numbers to the region will have preference over projects that are refurbishment of existing room stock.