We want cyclists from all disciplines and abilities to feel welcome and be accommodated in Victoria’s High Country.
Don’t miss your chance to be recognised as a cycle friendly tourism business in Victoria’s High Country.
Ride High Country inspires riders to travel to the High Country by providing detailed information for seamless trip planning. This includes suggested cycling routes, comprehensive trail mapping, cycle-friendly accommodation options, transport providers, bike hire and cycle touring companies.
Preferred Program businesses will embrace the partnership by displaying a Ride High Country image tile on their website, share #ridehighcountry on social media and work with TNE on media activities when possible.
Checklist to become a Ride High Country Preferred Business:
- Be listed with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)
- Provide complimentary water – cyclists must be able to refill their water bottles free of charge
- Display local cycle information – maps, guides, brochures
- Have staff who are knowledgeable regarding the local cycle offering – where to ride, location of bike stores.
You must also provide three services from this approved list:
- Bicycle Parking (providers: weatherproof, secure area or in-room option)
- Bicycle Repair/Cleaning Station
- Bicycle Floor Pump
- Bicycle Mechanic
- Bicycle Rentals
- Bicycle Shuttle Service
- Bicycle Tours or Product
- Bicycle Merchandise for sale
- Complimentary Bicycle Locks
- Complimentary Bicycle Rentals
- Complimentary Bicycle Tools
- Personal Lockers – storage for personal items while riding
If you would like to apply to become a Ride High Country Preferred Business or for assistance in making your business cycle-friendly, please contact us.