January 8, 2020

Incident relief and recovery information

For all incident and relief and recovery information, including both Victorian and Commonwealth Government assistance, please visit Emergency Victoria.

Personal well-being

It is normal to feel anxious or physically, mentally and emotionally unwell after a distressing or frightening event.

Support is available to you and your family from Lifeline (13 11 14), Beyond Blue (1300 22 4636 or online chat) or at any of these services.

Workplace relations advice

Special provisions are available to employers whose business is disrupted by the bushfires. To find out about when an employer can stand an employee down, whether they need to be paid, and the difference between a stand down and a shut down, and any workplace relations advice, please contact the Workplace Relations Advice Line on 03 8662 5222, make an online inquiry or see the Workplace Ombudsman’s advice.


The Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) has set up a national hotline (1800 734 621) for anyone with questions about their bushfire insurance, including helping to link them with their insurer if they have lost their documents.

If you are getting ready to leave and have not yet been notified to take action by emergency services, it is recommended that you take photographs of contents and assets prior to evacuating.

Farm support

Landholders needing emergency fodder for livestock should contact the Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) on 1300 882 833 between 9am and 5pm or email [email protected].

Information sourced from VTIC.