Image: 'Where there's a grill there's a way', walk and lunch experience
After such a long year, it’s finally time to let the sunshine in and escape to a place far away from the everyday. Victoria’s High Country is happy to oblige with the launch of brand new, bookable walk-based experiences around this spectacular region this summer.
The new experiences mix large dollops of the High Country’s renowned food and drinks with stunning valley and mountain scenery as well as new ways to explore picture-postcard villages the slow way.
Here’s a wrap-up of what’s on offer:
Swap home for here…
- How’s this for a quintessentially High Country experience? An Evening at Craig’s, combining a guided 3km hike to the iconic Craig’s Hut, made famous by the movie, the Man from Snowy River, where you will enjoy a high-end dinner prepared by chef Megan Knapp, plus a two-night stay at the magnificent BullerRoo (think Mt Buller+kangaroos!), just outside Mansfield. High Country Hiking Tours and BullerRoo have joined forces to create this outstanding experience.
- At Mt Hotham, Hike & Feast with Jean-Francois Rupp, founder of the sensational Alpine Nature Experience combines a fully guided small-group hike with a touch of luxe, like gourmet lunch, dinner, drinks and campfire singing at the eco-village, punctuated by a spectacular day’s traverse of the 18km Hotham Huts Walk.
- Where there’s a Grill there’s a Way is a collaboration between All Terrain BBQ and Alpine Nature Experience. A short, guided, family-friendly walk from the alpine village of Dinner Plain village to Precipice Plain with its incredible views across the remote Dargo Valley for a delicious gourmet lunch.
- In the gorgeous Kinglake Ranges, The Cheeky Fox Trail is a new family experience including accommodation at the Cheeky Fox Retreat, a short walk following a beautifully designed guidebook with stops and fun activities along the way. The full day experience finishes with a picnic in the paddock, locally crafted drinks from the Cheeky Horse Float Bar and curated games for the kids.
- Walk the High Life offers the best of Falls Creek in the green season, with a weekend of light exploration, breathtaking alpine landscapes of the Bogong High Plains and culinary delights. This fully catered experience will leave you feeling refreshed and energised.
- Secluded Adventure Picnic Spend a magical afternoon by the lake at an exclusively private waterfront location at Lake Moodemere Estate in Wahgunyah. The experience includes a lakeside walk to a sumptuous, chef-prepared private picnic, guided cellar door tastings and for the full experience, two nights accommodation at the super-cute Lake House.
- Not another Ned Kelly Tour History comes to colourful life on this informative, entertaining tour of Ned Kelly sites in Benalla. See authentic Kelly memorabilia, modern large-scale interpretations of the Kelly saga by street artists and discover that, just when you thought you knew everything there was to know about Australia’s most famous bushranger, wait... there is definitely more! Along the way, enjoy a delicious morning or afternoon tea at the Bootmaker’s Shop where you can continue to squeeze every last fact, legend and tale from your expert tour guide, Lindsay, in between bites.
- Walk, Wine & Wellness - Beechworth naturally is a beautifully bespoke experience consisting of - you guessed it - walking, wine and wellness! This experience offers a chance to wander, relax and unwind in historic Beechworth, and takes guests through a journey of scenic wanderings, yoga or pilates and meditation, local produce tastings and private luxury accommodation.
These new experiences add to the already impressive guided ways to amble or stride out in Victoria’s High Country. Head to victoriashighcountry.com.au to explore this spectacular region on two feet.
We hope you enjoy the view!
Access image gallery HERE. Please credit any images used to Tourism North East.
For more information, to request additional images or to discuss possible media famils this season, please contact:
PR & Communications Manager
Tourism North East
0431 763 444 / [email protected]