The Melbourne Tourism Leadership Program (MTLP) is a professional development program that offers people an opportunity to grow as leaders within the industry.
The vision of MTLP is to develop leaders from across the industry who have passion and drive. The primary focus is on giving people the emotional intelligence tools they need to be more effective leaders.
“MTLP is a transformative learning experience. It goes beyond leadership training, and gives you knowledge that can be used in any scenario in life. Mel has an amazing way of explaining things, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from her.” – Liz Kozmevski, Head of Marketing, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
Facilitated by Mel Neil, positive psychology practitioner and consultant, and founder and CEO of Mind Insurance, the program is limited to 25 participants each year.
The program includes content covering topics such as values, productivity, behavioural drivers, self-awareness, managing, perceiving, using and understanding emotions, positive leadership and communication strategies, coaching and goal setting.
- Provide individuals with the emotional intelligence and management tools they need to be more effective leaders.
- Increase personal, business and the collective wellbeing of leaders and their teams.
- Develop collective leadership in the Victorian visitor industry.
- Provide practical learning opportunities for industry leaders.
- Generate commitment to sustainability, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Individuals who are committed to their personal growth and are prepared to be challenged are encouraged to apply.
Employers will also benefit from having a MTLP leader in the team. Professional development is integral for the upskilling and retention of your best staff, so it’s important that employers can see the tangible and intangible benefits of a leadership course like the MTLP.
Applications close on 15 November, 2023.