Business Victoria have partnered with the Rural City of Wangaratta, Alpine and Indigo Shire Councils to run a series of free webinars and in-person workshops for residents and small businesses within those local government areas.
Here are the sessions coming up in the next few months:
Strategies to Advance Your Online Business
Tuesday 8 March | Online | Rural City of Wangaratta
Monday 9 May | In-person, Beechworth | Indigo Shire Council
Prepare to get your bright idea off the ground, step by step, at this essential planning workshop packed with vital start-up tips, tools and expert guidance that will prepare you to give your business the best chance of success. Led by a digital expert with real-life small business experience, this workshop will simplify the digital world and help you develop a framework to strategically grow your business online.
- Learn how digital technologies are impacting the way businesses operate
- Digital strategies: what are they, and what are the elements you need to consider when developing your own?
- Discover how to compare your website against best practice and how you can improve
- Investigate the different ways your business can sell online with e-commerce
- Learn how different mobile apps can support your business operations
- Increase efficiencies within your business with some business process automation tips
- Risk Management: Protecting your business in a digital world
Maximising Your Marketing
Tuesday 8 March | In-person, Beechworth | Indigo Shire Council
Monday 9 May | In-person, Mount Beauty | Alpine Shire Council
This workshop is designed to provide you with a broad understanding of what marketing is, as well as provide insight into key actions required to be successful in marketing your business.
- What is marketing and why is it critical to successful business? What are the key elements of successful marketing?
- Gathering insightful market research and how it can be used for maximum advantage
- Learn how to effectively attract and engage your target market
- Discover how to maximise customer satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy
- Dive into the role of social media
Thursday 19 May | Online | Rural City of Wangaratta
In this 2 hour webinar, discover how to identify the key cash flow drivers in your business and provide ways of improving your operational activities that will immediately improve your cash flow.
- Profit versus cash
- Cash conversion cycle
- Suppliers and cash flow
- Improving your customer collections
- Marketing and cash flow
- How to prepare a cash flow forecast