Communities across the North East have given cycling projects the big tick of approval under the Victorian government’s Pick My Project scheme.
Six of the eight successful High Country projects voted for by local communities which will receive funding under the program have a cycling focus.
– Improvements to trail head facilities at Big Hill MTB Park in Mt Beauty
– A new beginner MTB trail head at Bright Mystic MTB Park
– An extended shared walk & cycle path along the west Kiewa River
– Building a new 1.7km multi use Yackandandah Recreational Trail which will link with the MTB Park
– Development of a masterplan for a Mitta Valley MTB Park
– Restoration of the collapsed historic bridge and rail trail between Tallangatta and Shelley
The projects complement the work that Tourism North East is delivering in the cycle tourism space, where it is looking to establish the High Country as Australia’s premier cycling destination. The cycling season officially begins on 28 October, continuing for a full six months until 28 April next year.