The 2021-22 Victorian Budget included a commitment to deliver the Distillery Door Program, with $10 million total funding to support and enhance Victoria’s distillery industry.
The Program has been co-designed with Government and industry to support and enhance Victoria’s distillery industry through supporting skills development, boosting the visitor economy, infrastructure, and export capability.
Infrastructure and Boosting Visitor Economy
The Infrastructure and Boosting Visitor Economy grants will provide direct funding to businesses under the Program. Grants aim to:
- support individual businesses to increase business capability and efficiency through investment and improvements in on-site infrastructure
- support individual businesses to establish or enhance distillery doors, or promote visitor flow, showcasing Victoria’s tourism offerings
- ensure Victoria continues to be a premium producer of distilled alcoholic beverages and remains globally competitive
- enable Victoria to become a leader in Australian distilled alcoholic beverage production.
The Program is currently open and closes on 7 April, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
Two Streams of funding for projects are available under the Program:
- Stream 1: grants of up to $20,000 (GST exclusive) are available to increase business capability and efficiency through investment and improvements in on-site infrastructure.
- Stream 2: grants of up to $70,000 (GST exclusive) are available to establish, enhance, or promote a distillery door, increasing visitation.
Grant recipients will be required to make a cash co-contribution of a minimum of 30 or 50 per cent of the total eligible expenditure on the project.
Applicants can apply for a grant for a maximum of two different projects, up to the total eligible stream value. For example, an applicant can apply twice for $10,000 under Stream One for two different projects.
Click here for more information.