Regional Roads Victoria (RRV) has crews working on key tourist routes in the Falls Creek, Mount Hotham and Mount Buller regions in the lead up to Winter 2021.
This includes maintenance works at around 20 sites on the Bogong High Plains Road and the Great Alpine Road, one site on Tawonga Gap Road and around 10 sites on Mount Buller Road and Mount Stirling Road.
To assist RRV in safely completing the works program, riders are reminded to apply the following if you are riding in an area where works are underway:
- Observe road rules as they apply to all vehicles, including bicycles
- Plan ahead and allow for possible delays
- Observe changed traffic conditions
- Obey signs and traffic management direction at work sites
- Slow down when approaching a work site
- Even if a worksite looks clear to ride through, follow the instruction of roadworkers and wait for direction to proceed.
For more information on bicycle rules click here or call 133 778.